Cant sleep :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it's toothache that's keeping you awake, try dabbing the gum below the aching tooth with a few drops of oil of cloves on some cotton wool.

It is only temporary relief, but it does work immediately.

Otherwise try this: :okay:

abdfb0b07704462b779bc433e622b7a3.jpg

Good luck.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have done all sorts of shift systems. But in my present job I have been working the hours to get Jobs done. Starting at 3am finishing mid afternoon and returning late in the evening to start again. It is this behaviour that I have carried out for years that has brought on this stress.

I have had a few months off and sorted my priorities and will be returning to work on a part time basis very soon. But I will be looking after me from now on. Normal shifts and weekends are mine. If the work is not getting done on time the its a management problem, not mine. I would rather be out of a job than be back in the position I have been.

I love my job, but Im not dying for it.

classic33

Leg End Member
If it's toothache that's keeping you awake, try dabbing the gum below the aching tooth with a few drops of oil of cloves on some cotton wool.

Good luck.
The noise they make comes a close second to the cows.

Did three months of 20+ hour shifts, before they got dropped to 16-18 hours. Excluded breaks and travelling to/from work.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
This bout was down to throbbng teeth

Good luck.
Have some proper stuff . that and paracetamol took the edge off enough eventually , its not hurt all week but.........

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I used to go to bed after midnight regularly and then took ages to go to sleep. Now, I watched the news at 10pm and go to bed at 10.30. Usually asleep by 11 and feel much better for it.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I love my job, but Im not dying for it.

Can't agree more, I really enjoy helping others at a point they need it most, I've not had job satisfaction so much in my working life. But it has really farked me up the last 14 months of nights and stress.

I've committed a lot of money to still help people, but, in a way that won't kill me early.

Top Bottom