Can't Wait!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Well folks.

In less than a month I'll be off to Provence for a week of cycling.........and, weather permitting, we'll be riding this beast! The beast that is Mont Ventoux! Drove up it last August, and vowed to ride it before I was 50. Hoping to cross that one off the list with 14 months to spare!!
DSCF4724.JPG

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Have a great trip.

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Looks like a ride and a half.

Don't forget your snow chains!

Good luck and ENJOY!

And you're perfectly within your rights to scream 'wheeeeeeeeeeeee' all the way down, too.
Hoping there won't be any snow (at least not on the roads) left when we ride it Dayvo. The white cap on the mountain in my picture is in fact the loose shale rocky surface. It's a bit like a moonscape when you are at the summit. Wind is likely to be the biggest issue. We'll just have to keep a close eye on the weather forecast and pick the best day to go.

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Have a great trip - we are doing Ventoux in September and I can't wait too.
Just hoping the weather plays ball Jimidh! The Nesque Gorge comes highly recommended as a ride too, which is close to Ventoux.

Since I am using his photo without acknowledgement, I had better mention that that comes from snowHead Davidof who skis and cycles in that area. It really was taken on Sunday. He managed to get down the old road that has been replaced by the N90 just before winter closed in too. As far as Bourg St Maurice anyway.

Top Bottom