Cant work out what's causing this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bad boy

Über Member
Hello All,

Wonder if you can help me with this noise going on

Im pretty good at pin pointing noises but this one is weird.

When out the saddle climbing and in some gears mainly on 25t or 26t regardless of the front ring or on the flat when out the saddle but spinning quite quickly I get a loud creaking/rattling sound going on.

If im really grinding in a low gear (small sprockets) out the saddle its fine, its as if its chain rattle or something. Im not sure if its the chain hitting the front mech inner cage plate when spinning quickly and with the bike moving from side to side or something more sinister.

Its not the rear mech flexing under strain and hitting the spokes at least I don't think it is. The H limit is adjusted properly and the cage is carbon (SRAM red) so im sure I would see evidence of that happening.

The only thing I can think off is the front mech inner cage on those gears when spinning and the bike moving around out the saddle.

I was racing at Hog Hill last night and climbing the hill each lap with that noise going on is driving me nuts.

Any advice much appreciated, its a 8 week old bike now

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
What cassette do you have on it? I've heard that the OG 1090 cassette is noisy, not sure if it's the noise you're looking for, or if you have a PG 1070.

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
What cassette do you have on it? I've heard that the OG 1090 cassette is noisy, not sure if it's the noise you're looking for, or if you have a PG 1070.

Hiya Its actually a PG 1050

Not sure whats causing it
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

Attachments

• wacko.gif
    wacko.gif
    681 bytes · Views: 15
Top Bottom