Canti brake blocks: length of threaded portion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Sorry if this is a numpty question, but with threaded blocks for canti brakes, are there different lengths for the threaded portion?
Well, I know there must be, because I was going to change the blocks on my tourer, and found some threaded ones knocking around in my box of bits, and the threaded portion is significantly shorter than what's currently on the bike.
Going to buy some new ones, but can't (anywhere, online stores) find mention of how long the threaded bit is. Could it be my old ones from the box of bits are for a different types of brake system? :wacko:

ayceejay

Guru
Modern canti brakes have shaped spacers to help with correct set up - maybe the old ones didn't have spacers or they are still in your tool box.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Modern canti brakes have shaped spacers to help with correct set up - maybe the old ones didn't have spacers or they are still in your tool box.
Thanks... I don't have the spacers, if they ever were there, but I was intrigued by how much shorter the threaded posts are than the ones on the bike.

Top Bottom