Canyon Aeroad Advice / Opinion please…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobbyh216

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum, and wanted to gauge some opinions - I've currently got a Canyon Endurace, I'm looking at changing it for an Aero bike - happy to stay with Canyon and I've got a little bit of a quandary… what would you lean towards;

A used Ultegra Di2 Aeroad CF SL, with Deep section DT Swiss wheels (from 2019/20),
or
A new 2022 mechanical Ultegra Aeroad (currently out of stock!…shock) with the updated DT Swiss Wheels.

Main quandary is is the Di2 aspect imperative - I'm currently on R8000 Ultegra, which is great but always good to upgrade I guess! thanks -Rob

Joffey

Big Dosser
Di2 is great. Not sure what the prices are of the bikes but I presume the Di2 one is the same price or cheaper?

If you want it now, get used 👍

OP
OP
B

bobbyh216

Di2 is great. Not sure what the prices are of the bikes but I presume the Di2 one is the same price or cheaper?

If you want it now, get used 👍

Thanks - Yep it’s a bit cheaper. I thought about possibly upgrading the new bike at a later date but I suppose a “post new” upgrade won’t be as clean either! Heart wants a new bike but head definitely thinks di2. (So does my wallet) Cheers for your help 👍

vickster

Legendary Member
Check you can still get parts for the Di2 variant and that you can afford (several hundred for a new rear mech apparently!)

Jameshow

Veteran
Are you happy to charge it up every ride(is that ok for the battery!) I'd be always be forgetting!!

What about a systemsix or Ridley Noah?

OP
OP
B

bobbyh216

Check you can still get parts for the Di2 variant and that you can afford (several hundred for a new rear mech apparently!)

Ouch! Hah well it’s the latest di2 (r8050) so hopefully it won’t be problematic - but appreciate they’ll be more - hopefully not that much! I guess that’s down to temporary supply issues. Hopefully!

OP
OP
B

bobbyh216

I would normally say the newer bike, however, I believe that they have still not fully solved the seat post issue.

Interesting- as that is a bit of a worry 👍 I’ll do some digging. Mind you, at this rate they won’t have any in stock until next summer judging by the website availability anyway! 😂

OP
OP
B

bobbyh216

Are you happy to charge it up every ride(is that ok for the battery!) I'd be always be forgetting!!

What about a systemsix or Ridley Noah?

thx - Not massive on cannondale but I do like the Noah - that’s a nice bike - didn’t actually think of them.

Top Bottom