Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canyon Endurace CF 9.0

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Canyon Endurace CF 9.0 Pro

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Canyon Endurace CF 9.0 Pro with minor paint defect and £180 saving

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Can't find the PM option on my phone, so posting in here as this is where my last reply was made.

@vickster Whilst I di stand by the context of my reply to you, I could have put it a better way yesterday, so my apologies.

OP
OP
K

Kitt

Regular
It's the bike you really wanted, go for it. :smile:

Ordered, yesterday :thumbsup::smile::bicycle:

Have just ordered some Look KEO Blade Carbon Road Pedals, a couple of Elite bottle holders and some nice new heavily discounted Louis Garneau Revo XR3 Road Shoes as I currently only have Shimano SPD Mountian bike shoes and wanted to do the bike justice with some decent finishing kit.

I dare not spend another penny on anything, only about £700 over my original budget. There's a good reason I don't go to auction houses!!

It should come next week hopefully in time for my nice four day weekend, I don't have a day off until Thursday 22nd January now but if it arrives on that day I'll be a happy boy. Naturally I'll be keeping it in the living room for a while just so I can look at it and drool a bit in between rides. :wahhey:

I don't mean to rubbish their bikes, I've owned and Specialized Rockhopper mountain bike and there is a Giant XTC in the shed my son rides which used to be my steed. There is nothing wrong with them at all (although the Shimano hub on the rear wheel of the Giant fell apart after only a couple hundred miles). I just don't feel I could ever love a bike by either make in the same way my work vehicle is a Ford, it's perfictly decent enough but I could never be passionate about and so have a Subaru for when I'm not at work as it's a great drive, a bit different and I love it.

I only have that budget as I've been patient and saved for it. I'm not rich and it's certainly not throw away cash. It's a huge purchase for me so I want it to be as special as possible.
You know what you want. They are great bikes. You will be over the moon when it comes. A big pat on the back to you. Enjoy.....:thumbsup:

carling

I'm looking at a canyon bike, whats the major difference between the Ultimate CF SLX and ULTIMATE CF SL.

Is it just a little bit of weight and slightly different carbon or something?

huwsparky

Über Member
I'm looking at a canyon bike, whats the major difference between the Ultimate CF SLX and ULTIMATE CF SL.

From what I can gather you're right. Different carbon weave and slightly lighter wheels etc.

kangars

Regular
Nice choice, im kind of in the same position as you, been looking at different bikes. I am 95% set on canyon. But i cant decide what to get, Endurace AL 7.0 with Ultegra or Endurace CF with 105/11spd!

https://www.canyon.com/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3694

or

https://www.canyon.com/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3576

Carbon 105 or Aluminium Ultegra!

50cal

Regular

SLX has "better" carbon layup/modulus and finishing kit - the same frame as the pros.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Frame-wise, the SLX will probably be stiffer and lighter, but that might not necessarily be "better" for you as a rider, depending on the type of rider you are.

In fact, most riders would be very hard pushed to tell the difference between the two. Personally, I would go for the cheaper option, unless I had money to burn. They're both superb frames.

Top Bottom