Canyon Grizl bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kingspirit

Hi All,
Doese anyone own Canyon Grizl bike? What size do you ride and what is your height?
Just to have an idea for what size should I go with as I'm really worried to pick up the the wrong size. My heigh for example around 177 and leg inseam is 86cm, long legs.
Also how difficult it we to have a bike fit for this bike as it uses oversized steerer tube 1-1/4. Probably wil be difficult to find a stem. What do you think?
Cheers!

Attachments

• Platform-grizl-al-canyon-06.jpg
    Platform-grizl-al-canyon-06.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I’d check directly with Canyon, as this is the issue with buying online from overseas, bit of a gamble unless you know someone with one to try.
There do appear to be stems for sale in that size from a couple of premium brands, but expensive (don’t Canyon sell?)
The one you've pictured doesn’t appear to be available to buy from the GB site? 🤷‍♀️
Is there an equivalent bike to consider from your local bike shop?

Last edited:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I’ve had a few Canyons, although not a Grizl. Generally the sizing guidance on the Canyon size is reliable. I’m 180cm but have very standard proportions and the Large frames are generally a good fit for me.

I used to very occasionally put a number on my back for some cat 4 wacky races on an Aeroad and that was a very natural fit, but with quite an aggressive position. I’ve recently bought a Large Endurance and that still fits but feels quite different. Compared to the Aeroad it feels a little smaller but that could be due to the more relaxed position.

OP
OP
K

kingspirit

I’d check directly with Canyon, as this is the issue with buying online from overseas, bit of a gamble unless you know someone with one to try.
There do appear to be stems for sale in that size from a couple of premium brands, but expensive (don’t Canyon sell?)
The one you've pictured doesn’t appear to be available to buy from the GB site? 🤷‍♀️
Is there an equivalent bike to consider from your local bike shop?
Hi Vickster,
The one on the picture is not yet available on GB site, they are due to be available in Spring.
There are of course different bike options on my mind.
Genesis Croix Der Fer 40 for example, like the bike so much but the price bites, 2500 I think is overprice for this bike, any way also out of stock.
Fuji Jari 1.1 is a good one, also slightly to high on price and doesn't looks as nice as Grizl, but in stock.
Marin Nicasio Two, nice one, the price is fine but carbon fork doesn't have that 3 eyelets to fit the cages. Also out of stock
Trek Checkpoint 2022 looks beautiful, specs is nice but that head tube looks like one human part 😀
Ah, very difficult to choose. Cannot make my mind up. Maybe It just me being to fussy in choosing the bike 😀
At the end I may hit the ceiling and get Genesis Broadway (my wife already own one, really nice bike) and swap the handle bar to the flat one 😀
But anyway, that day will definitely come when I will decide on a bike :smile:
But that Canyon it's just looks amazing and they also let you ride for a bit and then send it back if it doesn't fit,which is plus

OP
OP
K

kingspirit

Have you looked at Whyte?
Whyte Dean V2 looks good for the price, but again it doesnt have that eyelets on the fork for the cages. I need the fork that does have it. I'm not sure if I can fit the cages on a carbon fork that doesn't have the eyelets, how safe is that.

OP
OP
K

kingspirit

Whyte Dean V2 looks good for the price, but again it doesnt have that eyelets on the fork for the cages. I need the fork that does have it. I'm not sure if I can fit the cages on a carbon fork that doesn't have the eyelets, how safe is that.
Actually just had a close look, and it says it has a aluminium fork, so much safer to fit the cages on aluminium fork then. Thanks for a tip, will think about Whyte

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Doese anyone own Canyon Grizl bike? What size do you ride and what is your height?
Just to have an idea for what size should I go with as I'm really worried to pick up the the wrong size. My heigh for example around 177 and leg inseam is 86cm, long legs.
You DO have unusually long legs for your height so bike fit could be especially tricky for you. (You are 9 cm shorter than me but your legs are 5 cm longer than mine!)

Normally I would say choose the bike size based on upper body size, and adjust the saddle height to suit your legs. If you tried that though you could end up with a smallish frame with the saddle stuck way up in the air, which might not be great. It might be better to choose a bigger frame to suit your legs, and fit a shorter stem to bring the handlebar back towards you?

Have you already got a bike which suits you? If so, try and get as close to the same set-up on your new bike.

Top Bottom