Canyon Road Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
To those that own Canyons...

Is everyone happy with their bikes

I'm considering one of their Aeroad or Ultimates

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I know at least 3 club mates who have them. Excellent bikes that always get rave reviews from those who have ridden them. Look real priddy too :smile:

1 guy has the Ultimate AL and CF, one has the Ultimate CF and the other guy has the Ultimate CF SLX or it may be Aeroroad SLX if that's what variety the SLX is...?

ziggys101

Über Member
I've had an Aeroad since September and love it, a lot of bike for the money. Great looking and performing bike go for it you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: 2wd

BSRU

A Human Being
I quite fancy a Canyon but I am put off by their limited warranty, I think just 6 years on the frame.

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Thanks guys

Ziggy,the Aeroad is probably the one I'll go for

What size is your Aeroad/how tall are you as I'm Just trying to work out the sizing,my current bike is a Cube Agree GTC Race in a 56 ,but the Canyon size configurator is telling me too buy small

I'm 5ft 8 btw

ziggys101

Über Member
Thanks guys

Ziggy,the Aeroad is probably the one I'll go for

What size is your Aeroad/how tall are you as I'm Just trying to work out the sizing,my current bike is a Cube Agree GTC Race in a 56 ,but the Canyon size configurator is telling me too buy small

I'm 5ft 8 btw

The online canyon sizing app put me on a small, I'm 5ft 9in with longish body and short legs but I decided to go for the medium and have been happy with the fit that has given me.

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Real dilemma now

Aeroad 7.0 Di2 or Ultimate CF SLX 7.0

I prefer the look of the Aeroad,plus it has Di2
http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3103#tab-reiter2

The Ultimate doesn't have Di2 but is only 6.85kg
https://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3089#tab-reiter2

My dilemma is that if I understand the frame geometry correctly, I'm worried the Aeroad may be a little to low slung for me and I've read the Ultimate is described as the perfect all rounder,I did want Di2 but really cant stretch to the Di2 version of the Ultimate

The look of the Aeroad is really pulling me towards that but if it's not comfortable then just buying for look would be daft

Appreciate some pointers if possible...please

ziggys101

Über Member
Once you go electric you never go back ^_^, i also find the ride very comfy although I've never ridded for more than about 4 hours and it looks the mutts nuts if you like the whole stealth look...

IMG_0373.jpg

Edit: If you are down my way you're more than welcome to take it for a spin

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Thanks Ziggy
I suppose I could raise the stem .....could I ?

VamP

Banned
Real dilemma now

Aeroad 7.0 Di2 or Ultimate CF SLX 7.0

I prefer the look of the Aeroad,plus it has Di2
http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3103#tab-reiter2

The Ultimate doesn't have Di2 but is only 6.85kg
https://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3089#tab-reiter2

My dilemma is that if I understand the frame geometry correctly, I'm worried the Aeroad may be a little to low slung for me and I've read the Ultimate is described as the perfect all rounder,I did want Di2 but really cant stretch to the Di2 version of the Ultimate

The look of the Aeroad is really pulling me towards that but if it's not comfortable then just buying for look would be daft

Appreciate some pointers if possible...please

It really depends on the kind of riding you do. I can do everything on the Ultimate that I want to. It's a great crit machine with super nimble handling and great sprinting power transfer. It is a fabuloous climber due to low weight. And it is as comfortable after 8 hours in the saddle as it was at the beginning of the ride. The Aeroad sacrifices some of those characteristics for a marginal aero gain.

Either way you are getting a great bike, but if you need to stack the stem high to get comfortable, I think the looks of the Aeroad will be compromised. Nothing screams ''lame'' louder than a top level aggressive frame neutered by 40mm of spacers under the stem.

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Thanks VamP

I decided to order the Aeroad

The Di2 gave it the edge (for the money I wanted to spend)

IF I find it's not suitable I'll be using Canyons 30 day return policy and get the Ultimate :smile:

Last edited:

VamP

Banned
Thanks VamP

I decided to order the Aeroad

The Di2 gave it the edge (for the money I wanted to spend)

IF I find it's not suitable I'll be using Canyons 30 day return policy and get the Ultimate :smile:

Sounds like a plan. I bet you'll love the Aeroad.

Top Bottom