Canyon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
At some point in the future I will probably be upgrading my TT bike so I'm putting the feelers out . I like the look of Canyons but having a look at the bikes a few weeks ago I got a price shock :eek:
Having later spoken to an owner it seems I was looking at the top end of the range and buying just the frame is a better way to go .
Anyone know about the company and bikes that can shed a bit more light on them for me ?
Thanks .

Last edited:

huwsparky

Über Member
I have decided to buy a Canyon as my next bike. Still undecided between the Ultimate SLX and Aeroad SLX.

Thing I found with them is they come with better wheels generally than other brands (at the price point) and you always get the complete groupset not mix and match.

Of these two bikes I'm considering i couldn't buy the components and frame for the same price as buying the bike complete. However, if you have your own set of wheels maybe you don't value them as much as I would.

An Ultegra Ultimate SLX comes with a £900 set of wheels and costs £2.6k.

Lpoolck

Veteran
I looked at a canyon bike as well. The thing that got me was that they are considerably cheaper in euros then they are in sterling.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
It looks like they don't make them in my size anyway :sad: I sat on a small at my last TT and it was too big .
So today while picking up an new stem I looked at some bikes that do sell in my size . The Cannondale slice was looking pretty good to me .

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Unless you just want a nicer looking bike, quite frankly, I'd stick with the frame you have and spend the money on something that will make a substantial difference to your times, e.g. a skinsuit, some decent wheels and/or some decent aero bars!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Yeah it was the tart value of a nicer bike . You don't like my zipp bars do you ^_^

They are okay, one of the better sets of clip-on's out there, but there are bars out there for not that much money (i.e. a lot less than you would be spending on a bike) that would be substantially quicker if you could replicate your position (assuming it is any good) using them.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Getting my position right and upgrading parts that I can swap over if needed is this seasons plan . Maybe next season as well but its nice to look just incase a bargain pops up .

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The smart money would go on a P2 (if it fits and suits your position)...

I've been racing on a Cannondale Slice for 3 years, if I were upgrading, the latest model would not even be considered.

Top Bottom