Car CD player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
A number of years ago, I had a Jenson Interceptor and that had an 8-track player, the only cartridge I had was Tea for the Tillerman by Cat Stevens !!!

I bet it's still going round in there :laugh:
Brilliant in the day..
Dad had one in his P 5 Rover

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Late to the party, again, but your only option really is to remove the factory stereo and fit a standard CD player with DAB (if you really want that). There will be a how to on YouTube I expect, you'll just need to buy your desired stereo (will probably be IRO £50 - £80), and the relevant wiring harness adaptor that plugs from your factory stereo wires into the new stereo. If your factory stereo is a double din (i.e. takes up two shelves) you'll be left with a gap which you can just fit a plastic tray into.

Pictures of your car would help, as if the stereo is all integrated into the dash I will be a lot harder or not possible.

pawl

Legendary Member
My previous car had a CD player.A year ago I bought a new Renault Captur .Got the car home put myCDs in the car,no CD player. I either use a memory stick or use Spotify on my phone.

Not bad for technophobe.

KneesUp

Guru
I’d just put all the CDs on a device too. My car has an iPod interface so I just have an 80Gb iPod classic connected all the time. Has everything I own on it pretty much. Every few weeks I add a ton of podcasts too. Car predates steaming services though as does the iPod so playing stuff from there involves planning and software.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
My previous car had a CD player.A year ago I bought a new Renault Captur .Got the car home put myCDs in the car,no CD player.
That's terrible! It's like getting the car home and discovering you had bought an automatic when you intended to buy a manual. Did you have your eyes closed throughout the entire purchase process (although looking at some of the Renault range that might not be a bad strategy :tongue:)?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
But if you've got a Bluetooth enabled stereo, you may as well stream from your iPod/iPhone/other Bluetooth device rather than be limited by having to change CDs.
I think CDs enable you to just listen to the album with no fuss. I find when I'm streaming from my phone, the temptation is always to choose another song/artist as soon as it pops into your head. CD's are less easy to locate in the car so are perhaps easier to "let play"

we have a car that has a DAB radio and all sorts of Bluetooth streamy type things, but doesn't have a CD player. Does anyone know if it is possible to add a cheap, maybe portable, CD player - plug it in the auxiliary input and the cigar lighter ?
That's the thing I miss, in my (2011 reg'd) Octavia; a DAB radio

The Adam (2013 reg'd) that we bought for daughter has DAB
Nice to listen to 6 Music, in it

A number of years ago, I had a Jenson Interceptor and that had an 8-track player, the only cartridge I had was Tea for the Tillerman by Cat Stevens !!!
Many years ago (mid 70's), my dad worked for a Butchers in Leeds, & sometimes came home in the owners Land Rover (S3, 109" Hard-Top), that had an 8-track in it
I still remember that Englebert Humperdink was on a couple of the cartridges

tyred

Legendary Member
I have an 8 track stereo in a drawer in the garage at home. I think it works but have no cassettes to play in it (and no 1970s car to fit it in).

Top Bottom