Car for a Wedding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Tetedelacourse said:

How can you have too much money for spending? :biggrin:

got-to-get-fit

Dont want to be a party pooper but if you pulled up in a maserati or a ferrari or some other exotic breed, would you not be in danger of upstaging the bride.
I can just imagine the congregation all looking at the supercar in the carpark rather than the bride.

That is unless your sister in law is claudia shiffer of cameron diaz in which case the car would'nt get a second glance.

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
got-to-get-fit said:
Dont want to be a party pooper but if you pulled up in a maserati or a ferrari or some other exotic breed, would you not be in danger of upstaging the bride.
I can just imagine the congregation all looking at the supercar in the carpark rather than the bride.

That is unless your sister in law is claudia shiffer of cameron diaz in which case the car would'nt get a second glance.

Heh heh heh. :smile: There are already quite a few tasty cars in my family as we've got quite a few city types, business owners etc. indeed the groom is a businessman himself. Realistically I'm not looking to spend more than a grand for the weekends hire so that effectively rules out most of the really flash motors. I'll probably settle for a middle of the range Merc in the end anyway as I will have the kid in the back and my nagging lovely wife in the passenger seat. ;)

buggi

Bird Saviour
i have never heard of anyone hiring a car for a wedding just to show off. it's usually the bride that hires the car! no one else cares. and you do risk upstaging the bride.

i am left presuming you do not have a car normally? which has given you this idea. or you have peanut in-laws who you can't stand and want to show up? in which case it has to be an Aston Martin DB9....

There is no car big enough for you Dom...
Jump in a 'black cab' (or silver!) and pull up in front of the assembled hoardes - tumble out of the back with a couple of empty champagne bottles and dragging a hamper etc...
Peel off the dosh from a big wodge as ostentatiously as poss.
Give big tip.

Or - tell cab driver to wait :smile:

<leaves door open for taxi drivers> ;)

Aint Skeered

I don't know you Dom, but I am sure you must be a nice bloke, anyway if a member of my family did what you are planning, he/she would instantly be labled as a right twat.
Forget the car spend the money on the bike ffs.

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
buggi said:
i have never heard of anyone hiring a car for a wedding just to show off. it's usually the bride that hires the car! no one else cares. and you do risk upstaging the bride.

i am left presuming you do not have a car normally? which has given you this idea. or you have peanut in-laws who you can't stand and want to show up? in which case it has to be an Aston Martin DB9....

I wasn't really thinking of upstaging anyone else or showing anyone else up, as I said above, all my cousins and brother are doctors, lawyers and business folk so there are always plenty of decent cars about. I don't own a car myself, I hire one when I need one for the rare occasions when I go away for the weekend. On this occasion I am going to treat myself to something a bit more upmarket than a Vauxhall Astra/Vectra. Can't really see what is wrong with that, but there you go.

Maz

Guru
domtyler said:
I wasn't really thinking of upstaging anyone else or showing anyone else up, as I said above, all my cousins and brother are doctors, lawyers and business folk so there are always plenty of decent cars about.
They must have a decent spare car you could borrow. They sound well brewstered.

Smeggers

domtyler said:
I wasn't really thinking of upstaging anyone else or showing anyone else up, as I said above, all my cousins and brother are doctors, lawyers and business folk so there are always plenty of decent cars about. I don't own a car myself, I hire one when I need one for the rare occasions when I go away for the weekend. On this occasion I am going to treat myself to something a bit more upmarket than a Vauxhall Astra/Vectra. Can't really see what is wrong with that, but there you go.
Why waste it on a wedding? You wont be able to drive it for half the day?

I'd take a day off and go up and down the country if it was me.

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Smeggers said:
Why waste it on a wedding? You wont be able to drive it for half the day?

I'd take a day off and go up and down the country if it was me.

I think they are mileage restricted, probably about a hundred miles per day.

Top Bottom