Car for a Wedding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
It will be my SIL's wedding (second) next summer and I am going to be splashing out on the new dress for the wife and the fancy hotel suite and so I guess I may as well splash out on the fancy car for the day too. I've been looking at this site:

http://www.prestigecarhire.co.uk/

Which has an interesting fleet to say the least. Whatever I choose needs to have rear seats big enough to take a child seat and I will need to be seriously impressed to go above the £500 per day bracket.

Suggestions please.

I wonder who will be the first to suggest a recumbent trike with a tag along? ;-)

longers

Legendary Member
Borrow Yenners' Porsche?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Can't see a single car on there I'd be interested in, TBH. I'd want something with a bit of class, a Citroen DS, or a proper 20's/30's racing Bentley, with the hoooooge headlamps.

Friend of mine went to a fancy car hire company for a birthday weekend with a couple of mates, hired a Morgan and an E-type between them, much more fun that anything on there, went to a country hotel for the weekend and did clay pigeon shooting, said it was fabulous.

Maz

Guru
Maybe stating the obvious, but why not ask the bride and groom-to-be what they would prefer?
Or is it meant to be a surprise / they left it up to you?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
Maybe stating the obvious, but why not ask the bride and groom-to-be what they would prefer?

no, I think Dom means a flash car for him to turn up in, not them.

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Maz said:

Um, it's not for them Maz, it is for me, the wife and child to turn up in and do hand brake turns round the church car park! :biggrin:

LOL @ Arch. Come on, how can you possibly say there is nothing with class on that site? Surely something understated like the Gallardo would do you? :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
domtyler said:
Um, it's not for them Maz, it is for me, the wife and child to turn up in and do hand brake turns round the church car park! :biggrin:
Talk about wrong end of the stick. :biggrin:
Golden rule - don't upstage them whatever you do. It's their special day.

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:

LOL @ Arch. Come on, how can you possibly say there is nothing with class on that site? Surely something understated like the Gallardo would do you? :biggrin:

goes back to check what a gallardo is.

Nope, sorry, not my style... Red Tom on the other hand has hit the nail on the head. Perhaps:

http://www.grandtouringclub.com/cars/suffolk-ss100/

Top Bottom