1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car for a Wedding

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by domtyler, 1 Apr 2008.

1. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

It will be my SIL's wedding (second) next summer and I am going to be splashing out on the new dress for the wife and the fancy hotel suite and so I guess I may as well splash out on the fancy car for the day too. I've been looking at this site:

http://www.prestigecarhire.co.uk/

Which has an interesting fleet to say the least. Whatever I choose needs to have rear seats big enough to take a child seat and I will need to be seriously impressed to go above the £500 per day bracket.

Suggestions please.

I wonder who will be the first to suggest a recumbent trike with a tag along? ;-)

2. longers

longers Veteran

Borrow Yenners' Porsche?

3. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

You have too much money.

4. OP
    OP
    domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Too much for what?

5. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

Don't be silly.
    Tandem, Triplet or Pedicab

6. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Can't see a single car on there I'd be interested in, TBH. I'd want something with a bit of class, a Citroen DS, or a proper 20's/30's racing Bentley, with the hoooooge headlamps.

Friend of mine went to a fancy car hire company for a birthday weekend with a couple of mates, hired a Morgan and an E-type between them, much more fun that anything on there, went to a country hotel for the weekend and did clay pigeon shooting, said it was fabulous.

7. Maz

Maz Guru

Maybe stating the obvious, but why not ask the bride and groom-to-be what they would prefer?
    Or is it meant to be a surprise / they left it up to you?

8. Arch

no, I think Dom means a flash car for him to turn up in, not them.

9. OP
    OP
    domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Um, it's not for them Maz, it is for me, the wife and child to turn up in and do hand brake turns round the church car park! :biggrin:

LOL @ Arch. Come on, how can you possibly say there is nothing with class on that site? Surely something understated like the Gallardo would do you? :biggrin:

10. red_tom

red_tom New Member

11. OP
    OP
    domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Never really been into classic cars, I much prefer playing with the latest high tech gadgetry while I drive! :biggrin:

Cheers for the link though!

12. Maz

Maz Guru

Talk about wrong end of the stick. :biggrin:
    Golden rule - don't upstage them whatever you do. It's their special day.

13. Arch

goes back to check what a gallardo is.

Nope, sorry, not my style... Red Tom on the other hand has hit the nail on the head. Perhaps:

http://www.grandtouringclub.com/cars/suffolk-ss100/

14. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

15. Arch