Car haters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 2909966, member: 30090"]I'd be eager to see what the reaction would be of some posters if it was their valuables being lost to a sink hole.[/quote]
My valuables don't have four wheels and an engine.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Nope, afraid the bike was lost, buried under a couple of tons of wet sand and patio rubble:sad:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Well, ahem, I heard its young owner being interviewed on the radio, and she did say she cried when she saw what had happened because she loved her car so much. Didn't we all feel that way about our first car?
Nope. It was a pile cr@p. Triumph Toledo. If you "floored" it quickly the throttle cable would detach itself from the carb producing precisely the opposite effect of that intended. Even TLH was underwhelmed and her eldest brother owned a water soluble Lancia.

I certainly felt affection for what is, to date, my last car, My Fiat chunkychicken (Cinquecento). It made me smile, it was an emphatic unter-car car, 899cc of noddy nuttiness, and no one else ever wanted to borrow or drive it. But it enabled me to do pursue a hobby for a couple of years on a scale and intensity I would have been unable to contemplate had I not owned it. I think, perhaps, my fondest memory is visiting a minor public school in it to officiate and, post-match, having one of the boys declaim "Oh my God, sir, even our nanny has a better car than you!" If I needed a runabout I'd buy another one tomorrow.

asterix

Comrade Member
Well, ahem, I heard its young owner being interviewed on the radio, and she did say she cried when she saw what had happened because she loved her car so much. Didn't we all feel that way about our first car?

Oh yes. Despite the fact that when I tried to jack it up, the floor pan collapsed and had to be fixed with kitchen foil and plastic padding, I still painted go-faster stripes on it. The car that is, not the floor pan.

Top Bottom