Car insurance question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
You still have the benefit of fire and theft cover even if you aren’t driving it. Imagine if you cancelled it for 10 weeks and someone stole it.
It just isn’t worth the bother.

I get all that, I wouldn't dream of cancelling it. But considering that they charge extra for adding commuting to and from work to my SD&P cover, I thought the reverse might work (yes, I'm an optimist).

vickster

Legendary Member
I get all that, I wouldn't dream of cancelling it. But considering that they charge extra for adding commuting to and from work to my SD&P cover, I thought the reverse might work (yes, I'm an optimist).
You could ask them to take it off...but it’ll probably cost more than you’ll save especially when you add it back on

Drago

Legendary Member
If you're genuinely a sensible chap (which I know you to be) and you're not intending to drive until sufficiently recovered, then personally I'd not tell them. I'd park the car up and keep the cover going as normal.

You dont need to inform the DVKA of transient injuries either.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have a very dim view of auto insurance companies, as said earlier as far as I am concerned it's unregulated legalised theft, even the MP's feel there is something wrong with the industry they wanted to investigate them, but pressure was brought for them to drop the enquiry, now if the gravy train thinks there's something wrong there must be. Auto insurance companies even rate lower than estate agents & double glazing companies, so keep shtum don't drive when you've been told not to & carry on as if nothing happened.

Top Bottom