Car-ma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
The other day (driving for once) I stopped at the junction of the A701 and Lady Road in Edinburgh, roughly where the red car is behind the bus. An archetypal Blonde-Bitch-in-a-big-beemer approached from behind and drove onto the pavement so that she could undertake me and enter the access road to the Travelodge on the corner, which some people (drivers and cyclists) have been known to use to cut past the traffic lights. About 2 seconds after her manoeuvre, the lights changed and I proceeded around into Lady Road. Passing the exit from the Travelodge I noted with some satisfaction that Ms Beemer was stuck behind a bin lorry. It had enterd a few seconds before her after I stopped where I did to let it turn right! Most chuckleworthy it was!

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
The other day (driving for once) I stopped at the junction of the A701 and Lady Road in Edinburgh, roughly where the red car is behind the bus. An archetypal Blonde-Bitch-in-a-big-beemer approached from behind and drove onto the pavement so that she could undertake me and enter the access road to the Travelodge on the corner, which some people (drivers and cyclists) have been known to use to cut past the traffic lights. About 2 seconds after her manoeuvre, the lights changed and I proceeded around into Lady Road. Passing the exit from the Travelodge I noted with some satisfaction that Ms Beemer was stuck behind a bin lorry. It had enterd a few seconds before her after I stopped where I did to let it turn right! Most chuckleworthy it was!
Archetypal Blond Bitch! You sound like a nice chap!

mustang1

Guru
Driving on the sidewalk is the stupidest thing ever. On some narrow roads when I'm driving in one direction, another driver in the opposite direction does not want to wait and instead continues driving (at about 30mph) on the sidewalk. All it takes is for someone to walk out of their house for them to get run over.

Why? Because these people are in a rush. They're usually the ones who say there aren't enough hours in a day. Well, there are, but they are inefficient at performing their tasks, or they are taking on too many activities in a short space of time. Some may say they need to make ends meet. What, in a BMW? No, they are in a rush because that's their natural state, to always be rushing.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Driving on the sidewalk is the stupidest thing ever. On some narrow roads when I'm driving in one direction, another driver in the opposite direction does not want to wait and instead continues driving (at about 30mph) on the sidewalk. All it takes is for someone to walk out of their house for them to get run over.

Why? Because these people are in a rush. They're usually the ones who say there aren't enough hours in a day. Well, there are, but they are inefficient at performing their tasks, or they are taking on too many activities in a short space of time. Some may say they need to make ends meet. What, in a BMW? No, they are in a rush because that's their natural state, to always be rushing.
I take it you mean pavement?

Top Bottom