Car mechanics......advice please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Car is a 13 plate Corsa. 1.4 petrol auto. Serviced as suggested. Very low mileage.
This has recently started to happen.
I pull up eg at the lights.
Car is idling nicely.
Then, it sort of hiccups. Its as though someone gently bumped into me.
For a moment I fear its going to stall but then it idles smoothly......for approx 30 seconds, then does it again.
I took it for a blast up the motorway but it still happens.
Any ideas ??

Gunk

Guru
Could be the fuel pump

Would guess its the alternator.

Sharky

Guru
Had and still have a 2002 Vauxhall Zafira. Regularly serviced at a generic garage. But when it developed rough running, they had several attempts to fix it. In the end I took it to a Vauxhall garage that had the right computer diagnostic tools and they replaced the whatsit in the fuel supply that was causing the problems.

So might be expensive, but might be more successful taking it to a pukka Vauxhall garage.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Had and still have a 2002 Vauxhall Zafira. Regularly serviced at a generic garage. But when it developed rough running, they had several attempts to fix it. In the end I took it to a Vauxhall garage that had the right computer diagnostic tools and they replaced the whatsit in the fuel supply that was causing the problems.

So might be expensive, but might be more successful taking it to a pukka Vauxhall garage.
Thanks.
There is a garage that has all the Vauxhall diagnostic gear. If not resolved I will resort to that.

Top Bottom