Car MOT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
There was also the caveat that even though the MOT had been extended, the driver had to keep the vehicle roadworthy, there was a post about someone being prosecuted after an incident as the vehicle was found to be unroadworthy.

It's always the drivers responsibility to make sure the car is mechanical sound and roadworthy before any journey.

Even if you just do a walk around, visually check brake pad and tyre wear, lights etc it's better than nothing.

Some people seem to just get in and drive them for a year and assume they're ok because they've got an MOT..

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's always the drivers responsibility to make sure the car is mechanical sound and roadworthy before any journey.

Even if you just do a walk around, visually check brake pad and tyre wear, lights etc it's better than nothing.

Some people seem to just get in and drive them for a year and assume they're ok because they've got an MOT..

Exactly - I've seen many a very expensive car with illegal tyres in the supermarket car park.

DRM

Guru
Exactly - I've seen many a very expensive car with illegal tyres in the supermarket car park.
I once mentioned to the young lady driving a very nice 2 year old E class Merc that if I were you I'd have some front tyres fitted ASAP, in fact I'd get the mobile fitter down here to do it now as there was no tread to see, only the cords!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I once mentioned to the young lady driving a very nice 2 year old E class Merc that if I were you I'd have some front tyres fitted ASAP, in fact I'd get the mobile fitter down here to do it now as there was no tread to see, only the cords!
Cheap PCP deals without any consideration for £200 plus tyres (at least).

DRM

Guru
And people realise it needs new tyres, but then remember its a PCP and they don't own the car and they're suddenly reluctant to get their wallets out.
Mate of mine works for Mercedes, they have loads of cars gone out on PCP, the muppets never twigged the cost of a service, so they don't get done, it's all well and good the I want it & I want it now attitude, but it's no good getting a car you can't afford to run.

Top Bottom