Car Rear View Mirror Fell Off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mile195

Veteran
I used to have an Austin Metro. British designed and built so most parts fell off at one point or another. However the rear view mirror was easiest to solve - Epoxy resin. Two tubes of chemicals come with it - apply one to the mirror side, one to the glass the other. When they make contact a chemical reaction causes the two surfaces to stick. Trust me - it will outlast the rest of the car! You can buy epoxy resin in Halfords.

OP
OP
akb

akb

Veteran
How weird, exactly the same thing happened to my SWMBO's car yesterday. Fortunately for her it was literally just after I was bringing it back home for her from passing its MOT...unfortunately it was me who managed to pull it off while adjusting it :angry:.

Tried some all conquering 'no more nails' type stuff but SWMBO informed me via text this morning that it came off while she was driving to work...apparently she nearly sh@! herself!!!

I was driving on some back bumpy country lanes and it just fell off. Scared the life out of me too! All sorted now, the pads we have from Halfords seemed to have done the job. Ive also advised her to squirt a bit of lube in the ball/socket joint as it is quite stiff.

Top Bottom