Car registration check

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I'm trying to confirm the registration of a vehicle I encountered this morning but the DVLA site (and others) need me to put in a vehicle make, which I didn't manage to get. Does anyone know of any other websites that I could put the reg into to check I've got the right one? I don't fancy going through the list one at a time...

Thanks.

How will you confirm the reg is correct if you don't know what vehicle it relates to?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just click "Check my details".

Lots of us have used this site before. I've used it when I was knocked off for piece of mind, and when I had an altercation with a driver who was deliberately trying to run me off the road.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I'm trying to confirm the registration of a vehicle I encountered this morning but the DVLA site (and others) need me to put in a vehicle make, which I didn't manage to get. Does anyone know of any other websites that I could put the reg into to check I've got the right one? I don't fancy going through the list one at a time...

Thanks.

The likes of Kwikfit and other tyre suppliers online have the option to enter a car reg and it identifies the make/model of car. You don't have to lie about owning the vehicle (as with askmid).

GC

OP
OP
LCpl Boiled Egg

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
You are all lovely people ^_^ Eurocarparts has given me a make and model based on the reg, and a google image search confirms it's the same type of vehicle, so my memory hasn't failed me! Now to write up what went on before I contact 101.

Thanks again everyone!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good stuff. We've all been there. I did the same, checking I'd remembered everything before phoning the cops on the guy that tried to run me over. He apparently had 'previous'. In the end it was my word vs his (he had previous, I've got a squeaky clean record) and the Police could only add this incident as 'information' against the car.

Idiots do need reporting, even if just for information, as it is logged against the car. Should something more serious happen, then this 'list' will be brought up.

Top Bottom