car sat nav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Thinking of getting a sat nav for the car. I want a simple one that will get me from A to B with no fuss.

This one is my current choice, but in reality I know nothing about these things... anyone able to point me in the direction of the best sat nav for no more than £100 or so ?

Thanks
Andrew

Canardly

Veteran
Have a nuvi but don't use it due to in car sat nav. They are ok but watch settings as they can send you down very pretty and terrifying in the middle of nowhere back lanes, POIs availability is staggering. Road cams are accurate unless temp ones placed for road works. Lifetime map update available for approx cost of unit (again). For POIs you will prolly need expansion card but they are very cheap nowadays.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I have a Nuvi - works ok for me.

I've also got a holder for it to go on the bike's handlebars. Not very aerodynamic and battery is about 3 hours :wahhey:

Martin

DappaDonDave

i got a binatone one from currys, was about £55 and works fine for me :biggrin: got me 120 miles to alton towers and managed to avoid a lot of traffic

rh100

I got the tom tom with the european maps for about £120

nice and simple - no fuss

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Uncle Mort said:
Who's the voice - English Jane?

No, Mr Dullsville - I think he might be called Tim.
Should get someone a bit more dynamic really - wouldn't be difficult.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I just use my Android phone... Google Maps Navigation feature... works a treat so far! (though I've only used it to go to the beach and back ... a journey I know really well anyway)... but it didn't make any mistakes. :biggrin:

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Played with the Garmin sat nav this morning, but the touch screen is "off" - I have to press about 8mm to the left of the letter I really want on the touchscreen keyboard .. i.e I need to press "K" to get it to register "L" :sad:

Mrs cisamcgu is not going to be pleased

rh100

cisamcgu said:
Played with the Garmin sat nav this morning, but the touch screen is "off" - I have to press about 8mm to the left of the letter I really want on the touchscreen keyboard .. i.e I need to press "K" to get it to register "L" ;)

Mrs cisamcgu is not going to be pleased

Have a look for something like 'screen calibration', it should solve it

Top Bottom