Car Tax Renewal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
The idiocy comes when you have a car that has £0 VED. You still have to 'tax' it, or SORN it, but will have no receipt for £0 for the year. Maybe we should start a campaign to make banks record a payment of £0 to DVLA on out statements when we 'pay'!

It's either that or we go for a hung parliament in May. I'll bring 650 pieces of rope, but someone else will need to build the scaffolds and tie the Hangman's knot.

Drago

Legendary Member
Do it online and you get a reference number for the transaction in a nice email, even if its free like my big truck.

snorri

Legendary Member
You could always buy a sheet of stamps. They are nearly as expensive and have more perforations to tear through.
Stamps are rectangular in shape and easy to separate, the licence disc, being circular, presented a much more exciting challenge, I'll miss it.

Last edited:

green1

Über Member
Just changed my car to a bigger car. But my car tax has gone from £180 to £20 a year - very happy. Remarkably, my little Vespa scooter is £38 a year.
Mines gone from £490 to £110, and the new car has a bigger motor. The old one is sat in the garage and it'll sit there for a few years.

Top Bottom