Car troubles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jennifer92

Regular
Hi peeps, I am having trouble with my car just now, I went to go to the shop earlier on to get more milk and juice for the little one but the darn car wouldn't start :sad:, I spent about 10 minutes turning the key but every time I did that, the car just cranked and wouldn't turn over. I opened up the bonnet to see if I could find any issues but, I couldn't plus, the car had a full tank of petrol so I can't think of any reason as to why it would not start.

Any car mechanics here fancy giving me tips or advice :smile:?

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Probably your battery.

Do any of your neighbours have jump leads or a battery charger?

Levo-Lon

Guru
I doubt you will be able to fix it going by your post but let's try and find a possible easy problem.

Can you describe what's happening better?

Firstly
When you say cranked?
Do you mean the engine was trying to start or just making a loud clicking sound?

Check the battery earth is tight and then the live.
If you've run the battery flat it may be a million and one things on a modern car.
Often it's a diagnostic to find a fault.
Crank sensor, cam sensor, fuel pumps, its endless..

AA etc if you have cover or.... The garage

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jennifer92

Regular
I doubt you will be able to fix it going by your post but let's try and find a possible easy problem.

Can you describe what's happening better?

Firstly
When you say cranked?
Do you mean the engine was trying to start or just making a loud clicking sound?

Check the battery earth is tight and then the live.
If you've run the battery flat it may be a million and one things on a modern car.
Often it's a diagnostic to find a fault.
Crank sensor, cam sensor, fuel pumps, its endless..

AA etc if you have cover or.... The garage

The engine was trying to start.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I thought that worked on most cars over the last decade.

No, the electronics sort it all out

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Hi peeps, I am having trouble with my car just now, I went to go to the shop earlier on to get more milk and juice for the little one but the darn car wouldn't start :sad:, I spent about 10 minutes turning the key but every time I did that, the car just cranked and wouldn't turn over. I opened up the bonnet to see if I could find any issues but, I couldn't plus, the car had a full tank of petrol so I can't think of any reason as to why it would not start.

Any car mechanics here fancy giving me tips or advice :smile:?
Call out a mechanic. Ignore everything else on here. You cannot diagnose a problem on here. It does sound like a flat battery. But it could be so many other things.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Doubt if the battery is the problem if it was capable of turning the engine over for about '10 minutes'.
Problem lies elsewhere.
Does to me. It's certainly the first thing you look at, and with so much going on I doubt that the quoted 10 minutes was anything like that.

Top Bottom