Car tyre foot pumps (or other) recommendations wanted please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just been out to inflate tyres on Mrs Dave's car. I have a cheap(ish) single cylinder foot pump......blinkin eck it was hard work.
Getting older and having a bad back doesn't help but I need something better.
And no.......there is no chance of getting Mrs Dave to do it:wacko:

Do those gizmos that work off the cigarette lighter socket work? (having asked that I don't know if the car has one as we don't smoke so never checked)
Thanks

Oh.........I do realise I could call in at the petrol station but prefer to do it as and when I am inclined.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Yes they do work but some (like my Woolworths special) take a bit of time and are a bit noisey

Use a proper gauge afterwards too, to test the PSI

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just been out to inflate tyres on Mrs Dave's car. I have a cheap(ish) single cylinder foot pump......blinkin eck it was hard work.
Getting older and having a bad back doesn't help but I need something better.
And no.......there is no chance of getting Mrs Dave to do it:wacko:

Do those gizmos that work off the cigarette lighter socket work? (having asked that I don't know if the car has one as we don't smoke so never checked)
Thanks

Oh.........I do realise I could call in at the petrol station but prefer to do it as and when I am inclined.

Yes - got one from Halfords. Cuts out at correct pressure. Wouldn't go back to a foot pump now.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yes - got one from Halfords. Cuts out at correct pressure. Wouldn't go back to a foot pump now.
Thanks. Just been on their website and they have analogue or digital...........vastly different prices. Which is yours ?
BTW..........the desctiption made my eyes water.
Adaptors included to inflate balls :eek:

SpokeyDokey

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Mines an analog - although I did say I bought it in Woolworths :whistle:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why strain? I like using the one at the garage, set the pressure, put in 50p and all four tyres are guaranteed the same pressure. S'easy.

simonali

Guru
I clicked the Halfrauds linky to see if it was the same one I have, but there was no picture. Anyhow, I do have one from there and it works fine. Slow and noisy, but the job is jobbed. As long as you have Schrader valves, that is...

SpokeyDokey

Top Bottom