Car tyre foot pumps (or other) recommendations wanted please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Clink one of the big links instead - not the little one that came up when I put Halfrords in my post .

Here you go:

https://www.halfords.com/workshop-t...source=skimlinks_phg&utm_campaign=phgreferral

Still no pic, but there is one if I scroll down to the recently viewed bit!:wacko:

And it's not the same one I have, but is probably a newer version. I have this un...

$_86.jpg

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I just use the bike track pump.

Oh do I.Works a treat.

I use my track pump

Another one for the track pump (Joe Blow).

Another that uses my track pump, even with a bad back. The gauge is usually better than the cheap car foot pumps.

Me too - another Joe Blow.

I've got a cheap compressor thingy that plugs in the cig lighter (from Home Bargains no less), it does work but it's incredibly noisy, dances round all over the floor, gets very hot and takes longer than the track pump, plus you have to have the engine running to stop it draining the battery.

simonali

Guru
I just bought a new track pump that does both valves with the same blow hole. It's a bleedin' revelation compared to my old one that needs bits turning around to go between valve types and also has to be screwed onto the valve before the pumpy stuff.

screenman

Legendary Member
Feeling slightly smug here, my garage has a built in compressor and one of the working thingies that goes back on the roll automatically.

I did have a Ring 12v digital tyre inflator, worked fine and have it to one of the kids.

Brandane

Legendary Member
50p?? Can't believe it costs that now. I think it was 20p the last time i used one at the filling station:eek:
It was 3d last time I used one of those inaccurate garage efforts. Add to that the fact that you're supposed to check tyre pressures when tyres are cold - but you've just driven to the garage.......
Anyway - another who uses the Joe Blow here, sometimes. I have a car specific foot-pump as well. It's a Michelin with double barrels and makes quick and easy work of inflating car tyres. Gauge on it seems accurate as well when compared to another good quality hand held pressure gauge.

tyred

Legendary Member
I have a Michelin footpump for many years which has seen a lot of use and has been completely reliable. I have even pumped up tractor tyres with it patience required).

Of course a compressor to plug into the cigarette lighter takes less effort but the ones I've seen all make a dreadful racket and my footpump will probably outlast them several times over and is small, light and takes up little space in the boot so it lives there permanently.

Top Bottom