Caravan tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I want to replace the tyres on my caravan , wasn’t really wanting too as I’m selling it but it could be a sticking point . So probably best I replace anyway as they are 6yr old . Anyone with a tin tent got a link ? Awaiting a call back from Kwik fit . Cheap as chips the better ! Not easy to search for on my usual car tyre sites ! ?

richardfm

Veteran
If you know the size and load rating of the tyres you should be able to search for them on Kwik Fit, Black Circles etc.
If you don't know the size and load rating then you won't find them even with a call back.
If you are selling the van then why not leave the tyres on there and be prepared to adjust the selling price if a potential buyer questions the tyres.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
If you know the size and load rating of the tyres you should be able to search for them on Kwik Fit, Black Circles etc.
If you don't know the size and load rating then you won't find them even with a call back.
If you are selling the van then why not leave the tyres on there and be prepared to adjust the selling price if a potential buyer questions the tyres.

I know the size but what’s coming back doesn’t show C or CP which is reinforced sidewalls ? This is on the usual tyre websites.
I have thought about the tyres and leaving them on . It might be that I don’t fit but if they were cheap enough it would maybe help me get my asking price ? Currently I’ve got folk offering way below my asking which is bang in the middle of glasses guide price !

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Caravan and Campervan tyres are usually different to regular tyres in that they have stiffer sidewalls - reason being they tend to stand in one position without moving far longer than a regular vehicle would.

richardfm

Veteran
Caravan and Campervan tyres are usually different to regular tyres in that they have stiffer sidewalls - reason being they tend to stand in one position without moving far longer than a regular vehicle would.

That's only single axle caravans. The tyres have a load rating which denotes the construction of the tyres. The C that @MrGrumpy mentions mentions means 6 ply, which would be a van tyre.
I still think he can find the right tyres by searching on size and load index (which is different to load rating)
Depending on the weight of the caravan he's going to need tyres with a load index of something like 98, which is 750kg. Any tyres with that rating will probably have C load rating.

Ours are due for replacing soon, going by the age
It was pointed out, as an 'advisory'/'needs attention shortly', when the BWSOW was serviced earlier this month

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Got Kwik fit this morning, mobile fitter coming out next week £197 all in for 4 . Happy with that . Van is getting sold , in hindsight should have bought them last year. 6yr old now . They are looking not very good . Quite bad cracking on sidewalls .

Top Bottom