Carbon fame build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Couple of things if anybody can assist.First how can I determine what seatpost I need ? Is it as simple as measuring,same goes for the downturn as need to it band on front mechanism.Also when building up do I need a torque wrench or is hand tight ok ? Thanks in advance

vickster

Legendary Member
What's the frame?

When I bought my Genesis frame for build I just matched the components on the stock bike. It was straightforward

S-Express

Couple of things if anybody can assist.First how can I determine what seatpost I need ? Is it as simple as measuring,same goes for the downturn as need to it band on front mechanism.Also when building up do I need a torque wrench or is hand tight ok ? Thanks in advance

Someone may know the seatpost size and FD clamp size, if you'd care to reveal a bit more about what frame you have. 'Hand tight' is definitely a bad idea, but I suspect that's not what you actually meant.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Thanks,i guess I could always take it to bike mechanic and bend his ear ! Thanks for advice

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
If it's this frame:
Seatpost Onix UL1 31.6mm
FD version best determined by pi x caliper measurement of Seat tube outside diameter, where band-on will clamp.
That's it thanks !

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Thanks could do,i reckon I know what everything is now.Tried a 31.6 seat post in and feels fine

Top Bottom