Carbon Fibre Frames and Forks..Shelf life.?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Billy Wizz

Billy Wizz

Über Member
Hmm interesting replies, full motorcycle protection a long banking steep hill and a silly speed should sort my Paranoia.

I can see what my friend is on about now, thanks for all the replies.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Hmm interesting replies, full motorcycle protection a long banking steep hill and a silly speed should sort my Paranoia.

I can see what my friend is on about now, thanks for all the replies.

Glad you can, because I can't.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Boeing make jumbo jets out of duralumin.

The B2 and F117 have a composite skin an require storage in air conditioned hangars.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/qtr_4_06/article_04_2.html
"The Boeing 787 makes greater use of composite materials in its airframe and primary structure than any previous Boeing commercial airplane. Undertaking the design process without preconceived ideas enabled Boeing engineers to specify the optimum material for specific applications throughout the airframe.

The result is an airframe comprising nearly half carbon fiber reinforced plastic and other composites. This approach offers weight savings on average of 20 percent compared to more conventional aluminum designs."

The B2 and esp F117 requirements for air conditioned hangers is (I believe) more down to the fragile ant-radar stealth coatings applied on top of the composite structures.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Its all matting just some finer than others . I bet the gel coat is bike material :becool:

Most probably GRP :smile: The gel coat is the resin spread over the top of the glass fibre (actually its put in the mould first and the GRP applied to that because they're built from the outside in) but you get what I mean!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
what ever you say :thumbsup:

Top Bottom