Carbon frame paint removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Get it to a proper bodyshop or painter, and get a UV resistant clear coat. If you're not in a hurry tell them to wait until they're painting something else with the same finish, save on the pennies.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Do you know of any good twin pack's in a can then? @screenman £50 is too steep for me the frame only cost me £100 its just a get from a2b bike so dont want to spend alot

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Would it be worth looking at boat paint to do the job ? Not varnish ! But something like Blakes . Or call the fibre glass shop in Brentford and ask his advice . It is actually called the fibre glass shop .
Thinking some more , just gel coat it

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
This is it all painted up btw getting some kinesis decals made might go for matt grey like my cervelo ones or white
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
And done, cant ride it yet until the headset arrives but it comes in at 7.1 kilo with a stupidly heavy seatpost, a low end shimano 10 speed cassette and cheap kmc chain so not shabby at all. Ill be riding it without clearcoat until i can afford the decals to go on the paint seems very hardwearing and its only been on 20 hours or so, im sure it will be fine umtil i get sorted.
image.jpg

Top Bottom