Carbon frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
No. You're a lightweight.

cheshirerob

Am I too heavy for carbon I'm about 95-100 kg though 6.0 so never gonna b 60 kg ,would u get aluminium

Im the same weight. Never had an issue with carbon bikes. Plus carbon smoothes out the road buzz, reducing body fatigue, making you go faster 👍🏻

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
Cheers I fancy a lightweight build for a "good bike" IV got a decent wheelset ,they look quite sparse spokes ( think it's about 24) will these b up to job as well ( there Ali and had 25snon them but I'm Gona go for bigger ,du think 32 is too big for rim designed for 25s

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
There's a light disting of snow and the minkeys are freezing their nits off.

GetFatty

Über Member
Im the same weight. Never had an issue with carbon bikes. Plus carbon smoothes out the road buzz, reducing body fatigue, making you go faster 👍🏻
I always found carbon increased the road buzz as they are designed to transfer power better. I’ve had carbon and weigh well over 100kg but now prefer steel and Ti

monkers

Veteran
I always found carbon increased the road buzz as they are designed to transfer power better. I’ve had carbon and weigh well over 100kg but now prefer steel and
I always found carbon increased the road buzz as they are designed to transfer power better. I’ve had carbon and weigh well over 100kg but now prefer steel and Ti
All of those materials are valid, and all will have a range of properties which can vary considerably according to frame size.

Wheels and tyres can be a bigger influencer of ride quality than frame material.

cheshirerob

I should have stated that pre carbon the majority were aluminium road bikes, the odd steel ones were battleships. Id love to try a Ti though.

GetFatty

Über Member
I should have stated that pre carbon the majority were aluminium road bikes, the odd steel ones were battleships. Id love to try a Ti though.
My current steel one is a bit heavier than my Ti one but as it’s (or was) the commuting bike it was nice and comfortable. Agree that aluminium gives a lot of buzz but my only alu bike is my trusty mtb

Brandane

Legendary Member
It depends very much on the design and construction rather than material. My alloy Felt gives a lass harsh ride than my carbon Boredman. The cycling magazines talk absolute guff about carbon soaking up road buzz.
Can't agree with that Mr Drago. My Merida Ride 4000 carbon is definitely smoother over our badly surfaced roads. Sadly that is cancelled out by the annoying rattling of internal cables. Who ever thought that was a good idea? :rolleyes:. PS for OP info I am about 85kg.. Not sure if your question is entirely serious of course.

Top Bottom