Carbon frameset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dave147

just watched a video on YouTube from
Trace velo about a carbon frame set from
eBay think it was around £250-£300. What are people options on such frame sets

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu9n_isRZaM&feature=share
and

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVKzUHCl3_A&feature=share
would it be a good base for a di2 bike on my gaint I have ultegra brakes crank cassette and chain and vison wheels that can come off the bike and returned to standard and those parts put on the new fram just needing to get the di2 bits

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pick a known factory, and they are OK. Half fancy building up a fast light hard tail mtb with a Chinese frame.

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

Didn’t think of Planet X gud shout just having a look to see what’s needed for di2

midlife

Guru
Colleague at work got a hongfu (I think that was the name) and was very smart looking to my untrained eye. Having a stable of Cervelo bikes he rated it!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Colleague at work got a hongfu (I think that was the name) and was very smart looking to my untrained eye. Having a stable of Cervelo bikes he rated it!
Any relation to Hong Kong Fuey I wonder?

images.jpeg

Drago

Legendary Member
Use the might of Google to see if you can find user reviews of the brands/models you're interested in.

Some folk believe that just because the "mould" gives the same silhouette as a known brand of frame that they must be the same, but the weave, lay up, 'epoxy'and during methods can all be totally different - if you can find some users with experience of your chosen frame then that takes some of the sting out of it for you, potentially.

Also think about what you're trying to achieve. I recently threw weight limit caution to the wind and bought a carbon toy, but my alloy Felt is actually quicker, less harsh, and a fraction lighter with similar finishing kit - I don't regret it, but the low end carbon frame (£1200 bike) isn't any better than the highish end alloy frame at slightly lesser price. You pays your money.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

The bike I have at the min is a 2016 giant defy 0

Top Bottom