Carbon or aluminium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bill-H

Bill-H

slow and steady
not overly worried about bike weight as i have plenty to lose currently 15 1/2 stone lost a couple stone and more to go i am just going through the n+1 stage and browsing so many bikes
going to spend some time in lbs testing
and agree better spec alu over low spec carbon

geo

Have a similar problem...a guy at work is willing to sell me a Kuota carbon bike for £400 but not sure if it'll make a big difference over my Triban 3 or whether I just have n+1 syndrome!!!

Buy it , you wont regret it. If you dont want it and its a 56-58 cm frame I'll have it

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
still working out how much fuel money i am going to be saving by commuting
Don't think of it that way! Just consider the savings on your medical bills when the cycling makes you ridiculously fit! It worked well enough for me: I haven't taken sick leave from work in over 4 years*. Your GP will wonder what the hell happened to you ^_^.

* Yeah, I know, I suffer from the "ethical employee" syndrome, and it's a right b#gger to endure sometimes :rolleyes:.

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
I have both a carbon and a ali bike.

I very much regard my carbon as a labor of love, always looking to upgrade the bits and peaces on it. My ali bike is very much my workhorse bike.

As to which is better....Nether. In fact Id go as far to say an Ali bike is every bit as comfortable as my carbon, maybe more so due to it actually having a fatter more padded saddle than my carbons super light, not very padded saddle.

Oh...my carbon is lighter though - but this is a much todo with not just the frame, but all the other components Iv shelled out on

Top Bottom