Carbon Seat Post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Hi again

Can anyone recommend carbon seat paste and how much do I put on? Is it just a matter of putting a blob on my finger and putting a thin layer on the seat post or do I also put some in the inside of the tube where the seat post goes?

Thanks in advance

J

Just smear a bit on the post using your finger.

I just use Giant carbon assembly paste, simply because it came with my bike. You can often pick up little sachets of paste in bike shops, often on the counter for a pound or two. A big tube at 13 quid or whatever is a waste, you'll never use more than a smear of it unless you run a workshop.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Its the one I use and bought, however it is 75 ml.!!!! not a large amount however you don't need even this amount, you only need a smear on your finger to apply, mine will probably last the next 20 years!!! If you can get a small sachet for a couple of quid, do that, You really don't need 75 ml unless you have a lot of bikes

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
FWIW though my half-arsed research the Finish Line stuff seems to be amongst the most well-regarded, so I'll be buying some of this when I eventually pull my finger out..

Globalti

Legendary Member
I wonder if toothpaste would work the same? The mint flavour would soon flash off. Really all you need is something grippy.

Edit: or gritty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi there. Me again. I've got another question. Do I still torque to the recommended nm even with the carbon paste applied?

Thanks in advance

J

Top Bottom