carbon seat posts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Are they more comfy..or do you need to spend a fortune on one for that to happen.
see lots at 30,50 quid mark and then there are the omg how much ones..
i have a alloy one which is ok so are they worth the spend?

gbb

Legendary Member
Difficult to truly give an opinion. I have ITM Triango carbon wrap bars, stem and seatpost on mine...is it more comfortable ?..cant honestly say, not in any appreciable way compared to my former Bianchi with alloy components.

Drago

Legendary Member
No. A tubular carbon pipe is every bit as stiff, if not more so, than a comparable tubular aluminium pipe. The carbon needs manipulating and the shape tuning to achieve damping properties, such as on the stays of an expensive cf frame.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Yes but what about the 20g saving, just think how much faster you'd go :bicycle: ^_^
Damn right, I was sorting out my shed the other day and my mud guard bolts are currently lying loose on the shelf, I was a little concerned that one of them may get lost so I considered popping them into the lugs on the bike to keep them safe, I soon changed my mind when I realised just how much weight I'd be saving if I left them on the shelf, I can always buy some more.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've stopped taking my wallet out with me when cycling, defo much faster. :whistle:

Top Bottom