Carbon seatpost when to glue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nearly there

Veteran
Just received a Giant tcr composite bike,set it up last night etc however I've not applied any grip glue stuff yet as I need to ride it to make sure the seat is at the correct height etc. I keep reading stories of posts slipping etc but will it be ok to knock a few miles out to find my position?currently got it tightened at 3n.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Just put it on now. It doesn't "glue" the post in place, it just stops it slipping and siezing in the frame. Tightening torque should be marked on the clamp, usually it's 5nm if it's the same as the two I have.

MikeW-71

Veteran
I put it on the whole of the shaft that will be inside the frame. Don't worry too much about the torque, I've always done mine to the 5nm marked on the clamp. It doesn't move.

OP
OP
Nearly there

Nearly there

Veteran
Can't wait to ride it feels really light compared to my Scott speedster weather's really atrocious here at the min I want a dry maiden voyage

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I do the same, just applying carbon grease to the post and a bit inside the seat tube, insert post, then use a torque wrench to tighten to 6nm torque (which is what the label on my seat post said). I've done it several times, and it's never slipped.

Top Bottom