Carbon soled shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

yenrod said:
Are they any good - are they worth it - are they TOO stiff on the feet :biggrin:

Not a lot of good for walking more than a couple of paces in - IE I'd not want to wander around town in them.

I have a set of Shimano cleated shoes but they have a proper sole on them which you can walk in.

i had some they were OK to ride in but no better than my normal diadoras. the soles soon looked a mess when all the coating came off the carbon though

monnet

Guru
Mine are great - had platic diadoras before (10 years old) when I change I noted a marked difference in power output. I don't think shoe can be too stif when riding, depends whether you want to walk any difference in them or not, I suppose.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are mint....

Spesh do the cheapest and best carbon soled shoes - lot's cheaper than the competition..... I love my Spesh Carbon Pro road shoes - very stiff - great power transfer, and clicking in and out of Look pedals sounds fab (i.e. LOUD)...

There is a difference in the power transfer, but if you don't want all out and out road performance, drop to the Sport models, that offer a slightly less stiff sole (7.0 index rather than 10.0 - so a slight flex) with all the Body Geometry advantages !

Saddle bum

Über Member
Slightly OT but, a well-known local rider fell off and a following coach ran over one of his feet. As his foot was lying sideways on the road, the rigid carbon sole of his shoe withstood the pressure and saved his foot from serious injury. His lucky day, what?

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Saddle bum said:
Slightly OT but, a well-known local rider fell off and a following coach ran over one of his feet. As his foot was lying sideways on the road, the rigid carbon sole of his shoe withstood the pressure and saved his foot from serious injury. His lucky day, what?

Ive heard this story somehwere, who was it :biggrin:

walker

There is a significant difference in power output with regards to carbon soled shoes, over the more traditional plastic/nylon based shoe.

Also the carbon based shoes will hold there shape longer than the plastic soled which have a tendancy to flex after a couple of years

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Hmmm. I have to say I'm a tad sceptical about this. I have two pairs of Shimanos - one carbon-soled, t'other nylon - and I've never noticed any difference whatsoever.

Top Bottom