Carbon soled shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

I was in the LBS this morning comparing Specialized BG Comp and Specialized BG Expert (Carbon) road shoes. I already have a pair of BG comp MTB shoes and they are excellent. I was put off the BG Expert shoes because they didn't feel quite as comfortable and there are ventilation holes in the sole.
I don't reckon I'll be able to see any performance benefit with carbon soles, but I'd like to be able to try both before buying.
Anyway, gone for the BG Comps now.

Dave.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Recently treated myself to a pair of S-Works BG Mountain shoes. They feel amazing! I've only ever worn Sonoma style shoes before (and a pair of Carnac touring shoes, which were very stiff, but horrid).
Verdict so far - very comfortable and light, and pedalling uphill can really feel the difference.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Thes best, up until I rode a re-inforced sole with c.fibre was a plastic pair of Sidi's.

But the carbon re-inforced sole was quite something...so an all carbon sole I imagine will be rock stiff - I just hope, if I do buy a pair of c.fibre soled shoes: a GOOD pair of insoles willl be essential !

Top Bottom