Carbon triple advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I'm starting to look for my N+1 after my lovely wife didn't react badly when I suggested that I need a new road bike.

I currently ride a Roubaix which I have upgraded to 105 triple. I live in the Brecon Beacons and being 20+ stone the triple is very useful. My Roubaix is 3 years old and has served me well and will continue to be used especially in bad weather but I'm looking for a shiny new bike. I've done the London 100 the last 2 years and ride around 2,500 miles per year?

I'd like a carbon frame with a comfortable riding position and a triple chain set. I can send up to £1,500. I would welcome some advice on bikes that match this spec. Ideally it will be 105 or similar spec.

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
I have a planetx carbon with Ultegra 11 speed and compact chain set.Not sure if they would fit a triple.I think they are currently doing the carbon frame with Sram mechs which I under stand will take a bigger lower sprocket so possibly would not need a triple .

Rose Xeon CRS under budget gets you full 105, slightly over gets you Ultegra. I have the Ali framed version (same Geo) and find it very comfy over long periods.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Treat yourself and lash out on a handbuilt steel frame (Mercian maybe) you'll never regret it. Then fit a 105 groupset and whatever wheels you can afford (high spoke count) then maybe upgrade as and when funds permit.

vickster

Legendary Member
Or even a genesis equilibrium build, can spec as you want for that sort of money

Are you sure your wife is happy to have toads and bikes in the house ;)

OP
OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Canyon endurance or another Roubaix. Both great machines.

Do Canyon do a triple. Couldn't find it on their website.

I take it you are an Ospreys fan with that name and being in Swansea. I've been an Ospreys season ticket holder for 10 years. Never miss a game.

bpsmith

Veteran
Do Canyon do a triple. Couldn't find it on their website.

I take it you are an Ospreys fan with that name and being in Swansea. I've been an Ospreys season ticket holder for 10 years. Never miss a game.
Are you off to the game on Saturday?

I am more into the other game that shares the same stadium will be warming my season ticket seat ready for the Swans to sprinkle some Christmas magic tomorrow.

OP
OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
image.jpg
image.jpg
Are you off to the game on Saturday?

I am more into the other game that shares the same stadium will be warming my season ticket seat ready for the Swans to sprinkle some Christmas magic tomorrow.

we'll be there and at the away game in Llanelli next week. I often ride from Llansamlet to Pembrey and struggle to cross the Louchor Bridge. As an ex prop my cycling attempts to get my weight down but I'm still over 20 stone. I've ridden over 5,000 miles over the last couple of years but am still the pin up for the Fat Lad at the Back brand. Completed the London 100 twice raising cash for Cancer charities and love time out on the bike so I deserve a decent new steed

Top Bottom