Cardboard bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Its an ugly looking thing, can't see it being very popular.

broady

Veteran
A bike sold in the UK must have 2 forms of brakes.
Even if it was sold here it wouldn't be on my list of bikes to buy

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
I kinda like how retro it looks but I can't see it being a practical alternative to a normal bike. Surely making a bike out of recycled components is just as environmentally friendly.

GOAB

GuyBoden

Guru
Interesting, reminds me of Obree's Old Faithfull (below).
220px-Graeme_obree.jpg

Izhar Gafni's Cardboard bike (below).
cardboard-bike-alfa-Izhar-Gafni.jpg

si_c

Guru
If you read further down it appears the tires are non pneumatic possibly built-in to the rim. The English is not clear, a Spanish speaker might be best checking.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
They tried to put it into production, but the company folded.

I'll get my coat.........
Reminds me of my uncle, who invested heavily in the paper underwear industry. But the bottom fell out of the market.

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello
I don't get it. Why not just recycle old bikes. Old steel bike frames last 50 years.

It seems to me education is the answer. From watching YouTube videos I can now change most things on a standard bike (including trueing wheels and changing the drivetrain). It costs me about £20 per year for me to replace worn out parts (tyres, chain, freewheel etc). I often salvage parts from old abandoned bikes I see lying about. I reckon my workbike will last forever (assuming it does not get nicked !).

How is that for recycling.

Ice2911

Über Member
I don't get it. Why not just recycle old bikes. Old steel bike frames last 50 years.

It seems to me education is the answer. From watching YouTube videos I can now change most things on a standard bike (including trueing wheels and changing the drivetrain). It costs me about £20 per year for me to replace worn out parts (tyres, chain, freewheel etc). I often salvage parts from old abandoned bikes I see lying about. I reckon my workbike will last forever (assuming it does not get nicked !).

How is that for recycling.
Sounds Like Trigger's broom in only Fools and horses!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HisD_pqlRHQ

Top Bottom