Cardenfreude

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
This thread was prompted by some roadsh*t round here this morning.
A comment from one of my colleagues : "It took me 1 1/4 hours to drive the 6 miles to work this morning'.

I bit my tongue and said nothing. I'm far too diplomatic at work, and just smirked instead.

You're made of tougher stuff than me. I'd have gone all thermonuclear on their asses, calling them a bunch of resource raping, planet killing, lazy fat bar stewards.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I have never quite understood why people drive to the gym and then go on an exercise bike.
Have you ever actually tried to understand?

U

User482

Or flicks a fag end out the window.

To do it safely filtering requires such concentration and care that there is little time to gloat at the cagers relaxing in their air conditioned heated leather seated 11 speaker luxury while you waft by as a sweaty bundle of nerves.

It is of course sometimes cold and wet, but I can be home, dried off, changed and with a brew in hand, or I could be still stuck in a queue of traffic. And I have a stereo, leather chair and heating at home.

U

User482

And then those people have a leather chair and heating from the second they finish work. We don't enjoy an all conquering upside.

If it's going to take you twice as long getting home, you might as well be comfortable whilst you sit there getting fat and wasting fuel. I very occasionally drive to work - it's a useful reminder of why I cycle in the cold and wet.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
It is of course sometimes cold and wet, but I can be home, dried off, changed and with a brew in hand, or I could be still stuck in a queue of traffic. And I have a stereo, leather chair and heating at home.
Yes, I also have a mahoosive LCD telly:laugh:
I have a video on my youtube channel called 'The freedom of driving' which is a cursory glance over a bridge on my commute down the Bristol Railway Path each day. It's always the same - solid traffic. I just get on with my commute, although it is a nice feeling knowing that the car that just moved 2m forward has now opened up a gap so that you can filter 200m to the end of the road!. I chose where I live in Bristol so I am close to the railway path and also on a main arterial bus route. I've lost count of the number of times I have suggested to work colleagues who moan about the driving commute that they maybe should consider moving home. It's always met with horrified faces as they try to grasp the concept of making life a bit easier for yourself.

I guess they must enjoy living out in little commuter villages, having a quasi-rural lifestyle and then commuting a round trip of 20 miles to work each day. Just don't whine on to me when you sit for hours in jams!. If you must have a car commuting lifestyle then you have to live with the downside.

I'm always deleting the company emails that go around each day ' can the owner of car reg ZZZ please move it etc' - the usual car park shenanigans.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom