Cardio vs Legs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
When I was going slower my avg HR for the journey was 130-140 75-80% and peaked on the hills at 150-160 I have a predicted max of 174.
You need to work out what your max HR actually is. My max HR is 207bpm & my other half's is 172 despite the fact she's 2 years younger than me.

OP
OP
Andrew_P

Andrew_P

In between here and there
okay today was tired leg day, mild head wind and rain so was forced to take it easy.

Avg speed down to 14.6 total time down to 1.01

Avg HR 111 maxed at 140.

The last time I did a similar time same journey was 20th May Avg HR 129 Max 159! 14% reduction in avg and 12% reduction in max. TBH Now I have put in % terms its not such a concern and can be assumed as improvement

Regarding "Predicted" max I have seen advice along the line of take yourself to the very limit just prior to greying out, to be honest I wouldn't really want to do that unless it was in controlled (wired up type) supervision, with a powered up defib next to me :-)

46, overweight etc..

Regarding the weights in my 30's my addiction was the Gym, bulked up pretty good but doing squats etc leaves me with 48 hour muscle soreness couldn't imagine getting anywhere near a bike post leg session.

Reckon i am over complicating a very simple thing, just keep cycling as often as I can and maybe ignore all these stats,

BinBag

Not sure....I'm in a simlair quandry. My legs can't take me as far as my core fitness - I've just put it down to leg work and have tried high gearing some of the hills I tackle, that way the leg muscles will build and it should be easier next time or for those special rides.

Top Bottom