Careful if you use the fallowfield Loop Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Was on the Floop last week and will continue to use it as and when it suits. Good luck to anyone that tries to stop me!

Last edited:

Siclo

Veteran
I need to find out where this 'yellow brick road' is? Sounds like it is worth exploring......

Out of Levenshulme up the floop, cross over the A57 and just past the back of the Holiday Inn turn sharp left when Gorton Lower Reservoir is on the right and that'll take you up to Ashton Canal through the splendour that is Gorton and Openshaw.

It's not yellow, it's not brick, it's not a road and it's not really worth exploring.

straas

Matt
At the moment I'm more scared of having my retinas burned off by 1500 lumen lights.

Don't get me started on the absolute ******* who set their light to flashing on an unlit path at night!

At the moment I'm more scared of having my retinas burned off by 1500 lumen lights.

Don't get me started on the absolute ******* who set their light to flashing on an unlit path at night!

Oddly, I find my fairly weak light gives me more clue in the Grenofen Tunnel when it flashes. But I think it's because it's floored in black tarmac. Shaugh Tunnel is floored with raw concrete and works better with a steady light. Otherwise, agree with you. In those circumstances, I'd still have an additional gentle flashing light, just because...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My colleague was attacked on the floop a couple of weeks ago, on the way home from work. He actually stopped after he was hit and gave them a load of verbal - possibly not a great idea he realised afterwards.

He's now got a 'legal' pepper spray after I recommended them (spray's permanent red ink)

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
But at least there was a speedy and effective response by the police. If you call a complete lack of interest 'speedy and effective', that is ... :whistle:

I never had any issues when I was using it 3 years ago. Thats probably because I wasn't hanging about.
If they whack you in the face with something as you are passing, high speed is just going to make that worse!

I was riding along the Rochdale canal towpath with @Littgull this afternoon and we encountered a group of teenagers sheltering from the rain under a bridge. I was a bit nervous as we passed in case they took it into their heads to shove us into the canal. They didn't do anything wrong so I felt a bit guilty for even thinking that something might kick off, but all these stories in the media are starting to get to me ...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
But at least there was a speedy and effective response by the police. If you call a complete lack of interest 'speedy and effective', that is ... :whistle:

If they whack you in the face with something as you are passing, high speed is just going to make that worse!

I was riding along the Rochdale canal towpath with @Littgull this afternoon and we encountered a group of teenagers sheltering from the rain under a bridge. I was a bit nervous as we passed in case they took it into their heads to shove us into the canal. They didn't do anything wrong so I felt a bit guilty for even thinking that something might kick off, but all these stories in the media are starting to get to me ...

I had a group of teens smack me in the side of my helmet last year. Should have stopped and drowned the buggers.

Top Bottom