Careful what you wish for

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Worked away all week got home and the wife said some post came for you,,,,, it's confirmation I got in the prudential ride 100,
Oh cr*p starting to panic already.

Why are you panicking? After all its a ride on closed roads. Haven't you done that distance before or some other reason?

dfthe1

Worked away all week got home and the wife said some post came for you,,,,, it's confirmation I got in the prudential ride 100,
Oh cr*p starting to panic already.

Well done. I got the decline magazine this week :-(. Did my first 100 miler last year. Good fun but hard work. I'm doing a 150-miler in May. Hopelessly unprepared having doing nothing all winter. Bought a turbo trainer a few weeks ago to help.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not that are before 70 miles is the most in one go.

Then a few more extra miles in the company of loads of other cyclists shouldn't be a problem. Take it easy and don't burn yourself out then you should be fine.

OP
OP
Lee gg

Lee gg

Well done. I got the decline magazine this week :-(. Did my first 100 miler last year. Good fun but hard work. I'm doing a 150-miler in May. Hopelessly unprepared having doing nothing all winter. Bought a turbo trainer a few weeks ago to help.
Really looking forward to it, never done that distance before. 150 is a big one good luck.

vickster

Legendary Member
Try to do a 100 miler on a more challenging (hillier) route on open roads, and also go ride up the 4 hills on the route at least once, then RLS will be less scary. And you'll be ready for that swim a few weeks later too ;)

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Good luck! A mate is riding it this year but I didn't get a place.
If you do do the Atlantic, make sure you waterproof the visa, or you won't be allowed in and you'll have to swim back!

Winter miles, summer smiles.. Keep putting in the miles and you'll be fine.. :okay:

Top Bottom