Careful, You Could've Given Me A Heart Attack!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
Glad she enjoyed it. A 5 mile trip - there and back - will be done long before the end of the summer if she gets 'the bug'.
Oh probably. It's good to have an achievable goal though and it'll be nice to be able to go to the park or the lake without taking the car.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
That went very well. We spent an hour ambling around the cycle paths. She saw areas she hadn't seen before and realised how close things are by bike.

I went on my fixed gear so we both feel like we've done some exercise. She said she enjoyed going out on her bike and has set a goal: to be able to cycle to Lydiard Park and back by the end of the summer. That's a round trip of just under 5 miles the way I go. We covered 3 miles today though with some stops.

Great that she enjoyed it, get her out once a week and she'll be doing that 5 miles before we even get to summer.

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
I'm going to see how it goes over the next couple of months then think about investing in a new bike for her. There's only so much I can do with a very cheap BSO.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Good on you for taking the halving or worse of your bike funds so well ;)

I wish my lot were more bike friendly, they indulge my doing it but without really getting interested or involved.

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
I full expect the novelty to wear off in a few weeks although I'd love to be proved wrong. Her current MTB is heavier than my hybrid though with horrendous twist grip gear shifter. The RD does shift well if you can put the effort in to turn the grip but the FD is virtually unusable. She deserves a good bike if she's still going after a couple on months.

Top Bottom