Carerra Subway 2 - Possible replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Narendra Surti

I have a Carerra Subway 2 from Halfords, been using it on and off for about 3 years. 2 days per week about 10.5 miles one way to the office. I find it hard to do a third day and am looking for options to either upgrade my bike or replace. I'm looking for less effort, to travel the 10 miles, hopefully allowing me to go for the third or even forth day. Can I do anything to my existing bike or replace it. I have seen then ridgeback ultra flight 3?

jim55

Guru
road bike ??no contest ,,triban 3

jim55

Guru
299£ brand new from decathlon ,carbon forks and a good average spec ,its prob the best bike out just now for the money

OP
OP
N

Narendra Surti

299£ brand new from decathlon ,carbon forks and a good average spec ,its prob the best bike out just now for the money
Thanks for that, I'm thinking of spending around £800 on the Ridgeback Ultraflight 3 what do you think compared to the tribal 3

jim55

Guru
not sure of the spec of the ridgeback but(the triban 3 as an entry level road bike (and a bloody good one at that )its unbeatable ,you could prob pick holes in the spec but tbh id expect the ridgeback to have better (more expensive components but the decathlon bike is what ,500£ cheaper ,tbh if it was me and i was thinking of spending that id buy the triban and spec it to your requirements with and ud prob still save money and have a really good bike (really really good ):thumbsup:
btw do you have a link for the ridgeback

OP
OP
N

Narendra Surti

not sure of the spec of the ridgeback but(the triban 3 as an entry level road bike (and a bloody good one at that )its unbeatable ,you could prob pick holes in the spec but tbh id expect the ridgeback to have better (more expensive components but the decathlon bike is what ,500£ cheaper ,tbh if it was me and i was thinking of spending that id buy the triban and spec it to your requirements with and ud prob still save money and have a really good bike (really really good ):thumbsup:
btw do you have a link for the ridgeback

http://www.ridgeback.co.uk/bike/ultra-flight-03

Top Bottom