Pinnacle Dolomite Singlespeed 2017 - Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans1

So my commuter bike, my favourite urban ride, my Dolomite Singlespeed has finally gone to the great commute in the sky. Frame is compromised at the rear chainstay so she's finally commuted her last commute.

I need a replacement. Ideally, i'd find the same bike again, but buggered if i can find one online... given it's nearly 7 years old I guess i'm not surprised.

The replacement requirements:

- Disc brake
- Singlespeed (not fixed)
- Drop handlebar

What's out there these days?

vickster

Legendary Member
Genesis flyer
https://www.99bikes.co.uk/bikes/roa...qiyz4UbDJyBgbyprSylfG9w-UoEg0UjxoCXXMQAvD_BwE

Assume you’ve checked eBay, LGFSS etc for another Dolomite?

Last edited:
OP
OP
dhd.evans1

dhd.evans1

What size & what budget?

I don't think size matters at this fact finding stage (although 53/54cm is preferred) and I'm just curious what the market is like. For reference, I paid £550 for my Pinnacle back in 2017. I would expect to pay similar now, but have literally no concept of what the drop-bar single speed bike market is like.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't think size matters at this fact finding stage (although 53/54cm is preferred) and I'm just curious what the market is like. For reference, I paid £550 for my Pinnacle back in 2017. I would expect to pay similar now, but have literally no concept of what the drop-bar single speed bike market is like.

The flyer is £450 reduced in my link, but they have no stock of medium. May well be other suppliers (although it sounds like you work for a bike shop/supplier?)
@Spiderweb has found you one while I was posting :smile:

OP
OP
dhd.evans1

dhd.evans1

The flyer is £450 reduced in my link, but they have no stock of medium. May well be other suppliers (although it sounds like you work for a bike shop/supplier?)
@Spiderweb has found you one while I was posting :smile:

Aye, I work at my LBS - project work so i'm going to touch base with the retail guys today. I know we recently opened up some trade accounts which gave us access to some different suppliers, but my work is more MTB focused that road/gravel so these may not be up my street :laugh:

OP
OP
dhd.evans1

dhd.evans1

Ebay ? Whole bike or just a frame ? 7 years isn't long.

I've had a quick scour of eBay, but nothing immediately forthcoming. Frame or full bike, i'm not fussed, only that the price is right!

For reference, the offending chainstay:

get_attachment_url

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I've had a quick scour of eBay, but nothing immediately forthcoming. Frame or full bike, i'm not fussed, only that the price is right!

For reference, the offending chainstay:

get_attachment_url

Can’t seem to view your image?
If the pinnacle frame has failed after only7 years then I’d be reluctant to buy another one.

The Flyer is a great price at Edinburgh, I’d snap one up quick as there aren’t many left, snooze you loose😀

OP
OP
dhd.evans1

dhd.evans1

Are you looking for just a frameset then? Not sure Genesis sell just the frame for the flyer, the whole bike is under your budget anyhow at Edinburgh

Looking at either really; i've got the parts to build a frame, but if it's cheaper (e.g. Genesis have frames only but they're more expensive than complete bike!) to buy a bike i will.

Have just been informed there is a Planet X Kaffenback frame in the warehouse. I've got disc-ready forks for it so it might become a nice Frankenbike if the frame is the right size.

Top Bottom