Pinnacle Dolomite Singlespeed 2017 - Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dhd.evans1

dhd.evans1

Can’t seem to view your image?
If the pinnacle frame has failed after only7 years then I’d be reluctant to buy another one.

The Flyer is a great price at Edinburgh, I’d snap one up quick as there aren’t many left, snooze you loose😀

The failure was almost entirely my fault. Within 6 months of purchase the rear wheel failed during a season of winter riding - LBS at the time were surprised at the quality of the bearings in it that had basically turned to dust. Evans paid LBS for their replacement wheel but the wheel was never dished properly (and i was young and uneducated) so i was getting some rub on the left chainstay. This in turn seems to have caused weakness in the chainstay itself which bowed and it was all downhill from there.

I replaced wheels and tyres this year with deeper dish Gipiemmes and 32mm Vittorias. This seems to have exacerbated the rub. Coupled with my increased riding time this year and fitness (read: going ham on the pedals all the time everywhere) it's rubbed the chainstay to death.

So, in short, i'd buy the frame again, but i'll get my LBS (my work!) to set it up proper next time!

OP
OP
dhd.evans1

dhd.evans1

I love my colleagues. Obviously not a finished product at all but in principle we have a single speed bike build.

1708701762549.png

Top Bottom