Carlton Competition???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gph1973

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Evening all

I have just picked up my latest acquisition, which, I believe to be, or rather I am told, is a Carlton Competition frame. I was hoping that someone may be able to confirm or deny whether this is the case or not?? I'm also struggling with the serial number to trace that back so any pointers on the best place to look would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time/expertise.

Gavin

OP
OP
G

gph1973

Post script......

Appears I was not struggling with the serial number. If the website I've just been on is to be believed it was made in Oct 78 at Worksop. Still unsure if it is a competition though!!

S-Express

Looks like it says 'Worksop' on the head badge. Frame number may be on the back of the seat tube. Could be a Competition.

OP
OP
G

gph1973

Thanks. Where would I go to get the original specification of a 1978 Carlton Competition?? I apologise for the constant stream of questions but I'm trying to get a list of required parts to start the restoration process!!!

Thanks

OP
OP
G

gph1973

Many thanks Mikey

The info is much appreciated.

Yeah hoping it will tidy up well once I can get the flaming old seat post out!!!

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...

OP
OP
G

gph1973

If I can utilise everyone's expertise one last time please.

Vintage bikes are relatively new to me and with this Carlton competition frame I was hoping to use campag record across the board with it to make it look awesome. However, reality and financial embarrassment have meant that I am going to need a new, and preferably cheaper option.

I have a Carlton criterium that has sun tour vx on it and I wondered what people thought to the quality of these before considering whether to put vx on this competition as well? Or are there better places to be looking for campag bits other than eBay etc?

Thanks a lot

Top Bottom