Carlton Corsa find

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flashspix

I may have to change the title of this thread :rolleyes: found an old Carlton Corsa (best guess at this stage) at a garage sale and under a garish yellow paintjob with a later decal after some stripping I found the original fancier decal and a bold chrome fork headset and part chrome top and down bar with a metallic red finish on the rest of the frame, the detailing on the seat stay is looking quite varied, mainly black, going to have to research this lots, any helpful tips as I go are most welcome.

Newbie to the site, hi everyone :cheers:

midlife

Guru
Sounds a bit too fancy to be a Corsa :smile:. Any pics?

Shaun

OP
OP
flashspix

flashspix

hi Shaun

pics soon have to post a couple of times
N2tgQd

Looking forward to the pics

OP
OP
flashspix

flashspix

Thanks Biggs682 appreciate the moderation ;)
I posted a better image in post 6, have added the same pic to this reply
Managed to make good progress yesterday and have stripped off the garish and badly applied yellow paintjob.

Am starting to beleive the metallic red, may have been part of the Accrilochrome work (New word I discovered yesterday researching Carlton's) or it could have been another paint job, anyhoo back to bare metal on the frame and the chrome appears to be in great shape.

Confused myself trying to identify which type of Carlton I have , here is an image I took last night after a full day's fettle.

Paul
h5385157a

OP
OP
flashspix

flashspix

[QUOTE 3857096, member: 259"]Mine was nicked in Manchester in 1982. It was on sale at the local second hand shop a couple of weeks later painted with Matt emulsion. The police couldn't give a shoot and told me to fark off as I was a student![/QUOTE]
I had a Carlton nicked in 82ish as well Mort, I remember to this day the feeling of helplessness as I stared at my busted lock and empty slot where my bike was taken from.
One of the few times I wish we had Sharia law here :smile:

Top Bottom