Carlton Corsa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pgomac

I have a vintage original Carlton Corsa 10 speed. It's green not sure of year does anyone know the approx value ?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome to the forum.
What condition is it in?
Some pictures would be nice when you can.

General price range for a good one would be around £100.

Chris S

Legendary Member
It's actually a Carlton Corsair. Where you live will also affect what people are prepared to pay for it. Bikes in urban areas tend to make more than bikes in rural ones, particularly London.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A quick look on the EvilBay suggests anything from a few quid to £200 for a fully refurbished Corsair/Corsa. Condition is everything. Sounds like yours might be somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Graham Ricketts had a brown Corsa back in the 70's, don't know how old it was then but his brother rode it when I rode my Cousins green Clubman and that's a 67-68 bike.

As for value it's down to condition.

midlife

Guru
Can't remember a green Corsair, mind you was a long time ago lol. Corsair was launched 1978 in brown alongside its racier stablemate the Pro Am

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Can't remember a green Corsair, mind you was a long time ago lol. Corsair was launched 1978 in brown alongside its racier stablemate the Pro Am
Yep the Corsa was a far older model.

OP
OP
P

pgomac

I'm located in Canada and will put up some pics tomorrow. I found it laying in a shed but it looks like it's been there quite a while. It is a Corsa and it's a strange green color. The pics will help so I'll post them tomorrow and take it and put it in a nicer environment than where it is now.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Your location changes the value equation. eBay Canada reveals only one complete bike ($440) and that’s in the US. So I guess they may be seen as a rarity , but I don’t know sought after a Carlton might be in original condition.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'm located in Canada and will put up some pics tomorrow. I found it laying in a shed but it looks like it's been there quite a while. It is a Corsa and it's a strange green color. The pics will help so I'll post them tomorrow and take it and put it in a nicer environment than where it is now.
It could be a 'polychromatic' green or possibly a metallic green like my Clubman, there was another very pale green used by Carlton

OP
OP
P

pgomac

Sorry I was way off it's not green at all. I have uploaded some pics I guess it's a 5 speed as well

Attachments

• 20210107_104325.jpg
    20210107_104325.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210107_113201.jpg
    20210107_113201.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210107_113121.jpg
    20210107_113121.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 28
Top Bottom