Carlton Kermesse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMGP1006.JPG

raleighnut

Legendary Member
How do you brake with the levers that high up?

I have been doing a bit of tinkering this morning . I slackened off the head bearings a bit. I cut a small piece of ally from a drinks can and slid that in whilst the clamp was loose. I will try it out later to see if it works .

Good looking bike, maybe change the plastic pedals?
Yes ! I agree. I will change them soon but they will do for the time being . I'm busy polishing the ally bits at the moment. I've done both wheel rims so far , brake levers and handlebars need another go over .
One of the pleasures I get whilst cycling is seeing the light reflected off the shiny bars forks and rims .
I must be a bit of a Magpie .

Ooohh! Er! I have just compared the frame numbers with the OP. If the dating system is to be believed our two bikes were made in the same year and month except that they were 54, 018, 652 apart!
It must have been a good month ! :whistle:

OP
OP
Oldfentiger

Oldfentiger

Veteran
59EBE6FF-999C-467A-9FBE-7EC0B585B2C2.jpeg
This thread resurrection has inspired me to get the Kermesse out for a ride this morning.
Since the OP, I have changed the saddle, brake levers and callipers, tyres, freewheel and pedals.
Changed the brake levers as I hated those grubby exage hoods. Callipers and freewheel to cope with the hills around here.
Edit: Looks like I changed the rims too - forgot I’d done that.

View attachment 481685 This thread resurrection has inspired me to get the Kermesse out for a ride this morning.
Since the OP, I have changed the saddle, brake levers and callipers, tyres, freewheel and pedals.
Changed the brake levers as I hated those grubby exage hoods. Callipers and freewheel to cope with the hills around here.
Edit: Looks like I changed the rims too - forgot I’d done that.
It's looking nice! Is yours a 22 1/2 like mine ?

We will have to form the Kermesse Appreciation Society . :whistle:

Top Bottom